CALL FOR MEMBERS!
440 gallery was formed in January of 2005 as an artist-run space, and we are now looking to add a few new artist members. The fiscal and general responsibilities, along with the privileges of membership are enumerated below. We are looking for truly talented individuals with a fresh artistic perspective, who are also team players who work well within a cooperative setting. 440 Gallery is offering you the opportunity to be part of a dynamic artists’ initiative in the heart of Park Slope, Brooklyn.
440 Gallery Guidelines
· $170 a month to be paid quarterly or by direct deposit month to month.
· About 10-15 hours per month of work, including 3 hours of gallery sitting and 7-11 hours of tasks assigned to a committee.
· The Gallery will secure liability insurance. Artists must insure their own artwork.
· 30% of all sales will go back into the gallery.
· Artists will share their mailing lists with the collective.
· Attend monthly meetings on Monday evenings at 7pm
· Help at events
· Main gallery space: To have one solo show, one month long (including five weekends) every 2 years. (This allows a week turnover between shows) with experienced installers
· The Project Space: A members’ gallery to show work between solo shows
· Flat files: A place to have matted pieces available for sale year round.
· A marketing team of members who post, blog and send regular promotional material and maintain the website.
· All artist members will have access to the Gallery mailing list and resources.
· 24-hour access to the gallery to bring clients for private viewings.
· A gallery Director actively working on sales.
· A hands-on immersion in the professional experience of exhibiting as a working artist. Access to shared knowledge and resources from new trends in framing and installation to the latest strategies in social media promotion. Many of our members also benefit from actual, live, social interaction and support within the shared experience of work/life balance in a creative environment.